Northern Kentucky softball fell to LIU, 3-0, in its first contest of THE Spring Games on Thursday afternoon. The Norse drop to 9-10 overall while the Sharks advance to 13-12.
At the Plate
- LIU out-hit the Norse, 7-3.
- Ava Lawson, Taylor Hoover and Kambra Crist recorded one hit apiece.
- Toree Stalter and Madi Mulder also reached base by way of drawing walks.
In the Circle
- Taylor Ginther pitched the complete game, moving to 5-4 with the setback. The senior fanned two batters and walked one.
- LIU scored two runs in the bottom of the second, as a Shark drew a walk and was sent home off an RBI double. The batter who clubbed the double was advanced to third on a throwing error, and scored off a sac fly to right field.
- One more run crossed the plate for the Sharks in the fifth inning thanks to a single through the left that was followed up by an RBI double.
Assistant Athletic Communications Director
Northern Kentucky University